“Geography is a living, breathing subject, constantly adapting itself to change. It is dynamic and relevant. For me, geography is a great adventure with a purpose. Geography is the subject which holds the key to our future.”
A high-quality Geography education should inspire in pupils a curiosity and fascination about the world and its people that will remain with them for the rest of their lives. Teaching should equip pupils with knowledge about diverse places, people, resources and natural and human environments, together with a deep understanding of the Earth’s key physical and human processes.
As pupils progress, their growing knowledge about the world should help them to deepen their understanding of the interaction between physical and human processes, and of the formation and use of landscapes and environments. Geographical knowledge, understanding and skills provide the frameworks and approaches that explain how the Earth’s features at different scales are shaped, interconnected and change over time.
Our intent at Fairfield Road is to offer a rich Geography curriculum that allows children to:
• Develop a sense of curiosity and passion to find out about the world around them.
• Experience and appreciate their local area.
• Be proud of their heritage and to value other cultures.
• Gain a deeper understanding of different parts of the world that they may not have experienced.
• Become responsible citizens, understanding the importance of sustainability, being eco-friendly and aware of factors that are impacting our environment.
• Become educated and up to date with current issues around the world with regards to Geography.