“If my mind can conceive it and my heart can believe it – then I can achieve it.”
A high-quality physical education curriculum inspires all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically-demanding activities. It should provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness. Opportunities to compete in sport and other activities build character and help to embed values such as fairness and respect.
We want our pupils to develop a lifelong enjoyment for physical activity and living a healthy lifestyle. Our ambition at Fairfield Road is to offer a rich PE curriculum that allows our children to:
- develop and explore physical skills with increasing control and coordination;
- work and play with others in a range of group situations;
- develop performance skills, and apply rules and conventions, for different activities;
- improve the quality and control of their performance;
- recognise and describe how their bodies feel during exercise;
- develop enjoyment of physical activity through creativity and imagination;
- develop an understanding of how to succeed in a range of physical activities, and how to evaluate their own success;
- follow a learning programme which incorporates structured planning for activities and progression for all abilities;
- provide an education on how to live healthy and active lives;
- provide opportunity to engage in competitive sports and activities.